Writing Jobs in Nigeria
Writing jobs in Nigeria: Several openings! Apply now and make money with writing jobs in Nigeria. Having a degree is an advantage but not compulsory.
Base salary: Very attractive.
Apply for these current writing jobs for immediate employment
- Investment writer
- Job posting expert writer
- Advertisement writer
- Remote grant writer
- Freelance writer
- Entry level technical writer
- Freelance Seo copywriter
- Web content writer
- Freelance blogger
- Freelance copywriter
- Creative writer
The writer will develop and create content for print, digital media, or product descriptions. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines.
Writer will communicate with leadership, clients, and potential interview sources. Must follow company editorial style guide. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role.
Required skills for writing jobs in Nigeria
- Adaptability: Your writing must fit the purpose of the piece or the culture of the brand. Also the tone of your writing must be appropriate.
- Strong Research Skills: You must have strong research skills because good research is key for good content writing. Research adds credibility and, most importantly, value.
- A Solid Understanding of SEO: You must understand the latest trends in search engine optimization so that your writings will appear at the top of search engine results.
- Organizational Skills: You must be able to send in your completed work on time thus you need excellent organization skills to prioritize your work to be able to meet the deadlines.
- The Ability to Get Focused: Our desired candidate is someone who can focus. Writing requires focus which can sometimes be hard to find..
- Good time management: Delivering high-quality content promptly will show that you are not only professional but also reliable. We are looking for candidates with good time management.
- Excellent Editing skills: We are looking for candidates who are patient, highly disciplined and with good eye for details. We need people who will produce well edited works.
- Ability to deliver quality works: We are looking for the candidate that will produce high quality works.
Writing jobs in Nigeria: Responsibilities
- Create new pages for specified regions with detailed, accurate, and up to date information.
- Involves in writing the text for an advertising materials such as the companies who sell products to the distributors.
- Engages in writing independently for any publishing houses or for books.
- Their job involves journal publishing, copy editing, and proofreading, indexing and even graphic designing.
- Involves in creating works on their own initiative, and keep the copyright of their works and sell the rights to the publishers.
- Enjoys a greater variety of assignments than the regular employment, and has the freedom to choose their own work schedule.
- Writing independently for the magazines, newspapers, book publishers, and non-profit organizations.
- Engages in writing for the various electronic communications on the Internet and even engages in web writing.
- Acting independently for the various printing publications and providing satisfaction to its clients, including the online courses for writing.
How to improve your writing skill
- Brush up on the basic principles of writing, grammar and spelling.
- Write like it’s your job and practice regularly.
- Read more so you develop an eye for what effective writing looks like.
- Find a partner. Ask them to read your writing and provide feedback.
- Join a workshop, meetup, or take a writing night class.
- Take the time to analyze writing you admire.
- Imitate writers you admire.
- Outline your writing.
- Edit your writing.
- Accept that first drafts are often bad and revise.
- Find an editor who demonstrates patience.
- Eliminate unnecessary words from your writing.
- Review your earlier work and see how you’ve grown.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you mean in what you write.
- Make sure you do adequate research on your topic.
- Don’t delay writing. Get it done now.
Top hiring firms for content writing jobs in Nigeria
1. Toptal Freelance
Toptal enables start-ups, businesses, and organizations to hire freelancers from a growing network of top talent in the world. Click on Toptal hire to register and get hired. It is very simple. Remember your profile must be very attractive so that you can get hired after few days of registration. You can also get tips on how to improve your profile from these links.
2. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Upwork
Upwork , formerly Elance-oDesk, is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork. It is based in Mountain View and San Francisco, California. The full name is Upwork Global Inc
Upwork is by and large the most widely recognized freelance job board. Upwork is the result of a merger between Odesk and Elance and features an extensive database of expert writers.
How It Works:
You need to create a profile in order join the pool of freelance writers. Upwork makes its money by taking a cut of 10 percent from the freelancer’s total earnings. Many writing jobs in Nigeria are seen on this platform.
3. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Guru
Guru is a freelance marketplace. It allows companies to find freelance workers for commissioned work. Founded in 1998 in Pittsburgh as eMoonlighter.com and still headquartered there.
Guru is similar to Upwork in that it is a large online job board. To date, Guru boasts more than 2 million active users from all over the world. What sets Guru apart from Upwork is that they also feature a built-in project management tool. You can create onboarding documents right on the website. You can even use Guru to manage your content marketing process by sharing documents and creating tasks.
How It Works:
Like Upwork, Guru takes a percentage of freelancer’s profits and features free job postings for businesses. The fee depends on the type of membership the freelancer chooses and can range from five to ten percent for each project. Writing jobs in Nigeria can be enhanced through the use of this platform.
4. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Craigslist
Craigslist is an American classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, for sale, items wanted, services, community service, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums. This is ideal for writers who can work remotely and come into the office a few times a week or month. It is important to note that they do not have active support team that may help out if you have payment issues.
How It Works:
Business owners create job listing on Craigslist and they do not even need to sign up for an account. They simply select their region and click on “create a posting”. They fill out the details and freelancers in their community will see their job posting and contact them immediately. Writing jobs in Nigeria can be enhanced through the use of this platform.
5.Writing jobs in Nigeria from ProBlogger Job Board
ProBlogger is a paid job board where businesses can find great writers. The quality of the writers on ProBlogger is high and freelancers typically have several years of experience creating content. The job board has a smaller reach than Upwork, but tends to have higher quality writers overall. Business owners can also use this job board to find other marketing team members including copyeditor, marketing managers, and content marketers.
How It Works:
You need to create an account and you will be walked through the process of getting your first client. They also collect some percentage of your earnings. Many writing jobs in Nigeria are seen on this platform.
6. Writing jobs in Nigeria from The Writer Finder
The Writer Finder is an agency that connects business owners with expert freelance writers. The team at The Writer Finder searches through an extensive database of vetted and experienced writers to connect you with one that suits your business needs and content topics.
How It Works:
To join this platform, you need to register. You must be a seasoned writer before you will be approved. So if you are just a beginner with low quality profile, this place is not for you. The Writer Finder is a good platform for you to get writing jobs in Nigeria.
Watch these videos if you want to improve your writing skills so that you can qualify for writing jobs in Nigeria.
You will find this video helpful to improve your skills for writing jobs in Nigeria.
Check out high paying writing jobs similar to these writing jobs in Nigeria
To apply for this job please visit readymoneyfromhome.com.