Writing Jobs in Nigeria
Writing jobs in Nigeria: Several openings! Daily update of Remote writing jobs in Nigeria here.
- Base salary: Very attractive.
- Basic Qualification: Secondary School
Apply for these current writing jobs for immediate employment
- Jobs in Nigeria Daily Update: Click here for writing jobs in Nigeria Daily Update
- Investment writer
- Upwork jobs
- Job posting expert writer
- Advertisement writer
- Remote grant writer
- Freelance writer
- Entry level technical writer
- Freelance Seo copywriter
- Web content writer
- Freelance blogger
- Freelance copywriter
- Creative writer
Writing Jobs in Nigeria Daily Update Section
- Creative Freelance Writers
- Accounting/Finance Freelance Academic Writer
- Freelance Content Writer at Click Intelligence Ltd
- Freelance UX Copywriters at Source LF
- Regulatory Writer at Skills Alliance
- Transcriptionist at P4P Marketing Inc
- Copywriter at Virgin Media
- Freelance Writer/Editor/Communications Professional for Minute Taking at Minutes Solutions Inc.
- Copy Editor at LongPlay
- Copywriter, content creator
- Freelance Writers – Sports (multiple)
- Freelance Copywriters
- Freelance Digital Content Writing Opportunity
- Selene Style Magazine
- Toronto, ON
- Full-time, Part-time, Volunteer
We are looking for copywriters to join our team and write articles in the fields of health, fitness, and beauty for women for our online magazine. Here is the link to the magazine: http://selenestyle.com/
This is not paid. It is a great opportunity for those who want to build their portfolio and have links to their site. This is a great link building opportunity.
Also if you are interested in running social media profiles and create Instagram and Facebook posts please let us know.
Once you apply we will send you an email with more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Volunteer
Creative Freelance Writers
- Toronto, ON
- Part-time, Contract
- $14.50 – $18.00 an hour
VIDA Select is looking for talented, creative writers to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate for this opportunity is naturally funny, witty, and able to write in a creative and engaging style. You’re also self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
VIDA Select is based in Atlanta, Georgia but it’s a 100% remote company – and has been since it started back in 2009. Team members live all over the world and communicate across multiple platforms, including our own proprietary systems. You can work from anywhere you have an internet connection, and you’ll never have to travel to a “brick & mortar” office or meet with anyone in person.
The position is part-time to start, with the potential to move into full-time depending on performance.
If you think you have the charm, wit, and writing skill to join our team of professional writers, apply today to find out more!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $14.50 – $18.00 per hour
- CGD LONDON
- £19,537 – £38,000 a year
CGD LONDON believes that anything you want, no matter your background, you can achieve it. What started with an award-winning blog in 2015 has grown into so much more. And now we’re looking for an enthusiastic, diligent editor to help us create content.
The primary purpose of this position will be to edit Career Girl Daily (www.careergirldaily.com) liaising with and assembling freelance writers, managing the content calendar and making sure the look and feel of the website matches with our aesthetic. You should be fun, outgoing, creative, and hard-working, with a love of words, proofreading, and editing.
Essential personal skills
- Proven experience in CMS
- Problem-solving and willing to learn new technologies or skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Content design skills are useful
- Creative and conceptual thinker
Expected Start Date: 07/06/2020
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £19,537.00 to £38,000.00 /year
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Accounting/Finance Freelance Academic Writer
- Academic Minds
- King’s Cross
- Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- £50 – £200 a day
We are looking to recruit talented academics with specialist knowledge to join our freelance writing team. We have a need for subject specialists in Accounting, Finance and Business.
We will also accept applicants in other fields.
You will be required to write original content, conforming to accepted academic practice, on a variety of titles within your subject area. These projects will be made available through our bespoke portal; academics can bid on as many or as a few as they want. We want our academics to produce quality work based on their own intellectual interests, which will help them to broaden and develop knowledge base and provide an invaluable resource to students.
Academic Minds provides world class private education services that exploit a range of technical innovations. In our experience, a rapidly increasing number of UK university students are reporting profound concern with the standard of tuition, resources and feedback that they receive from their institutions. We exist to help students realise their full potential.
- Bachelors’s degree from Oxford, Cambridge or a reputable Russell Group university, or an equivalent degree from a leading institution. Relevant professional qualifications will also enhance your application.
- Specific accounting qualifications such as ACCA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the subject area of your specialisation.
- Excellent written English skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the conventions of academic writing, especially common referencing styles.
- Good time management skills: self-organised, able to multi-task and capable of working to deadlines.
- Where applicable, the ability to use statistics programs such as E-views, SPSS.
Working anywhere with an Internet connection, at whatever time suits you.
Rates start at around £50 for 1000 words for new academics with no rating, rising to £200+ for productive, established writers. We’ll pay you within seven working days.
Please apply directly at: https://academicminds.co.uk/freelance-academics-accounting-finance
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £50.00 to £200.00 /day
- Master’s (Required)
Freelance Content Writer at Click Intelligence Ltd
- £12 an hour
We are searching for passionate, experienced freelance content writers to join our team and produce engaging, unique copy for a wide range of niches.
As a reputable digital marketing agency, we create SEO-enriched content for a vast variety of clients, from travel and tourism companies to specialist, technical enterprises. Therefore, we require writers who are adaptable to the requirements of individual clients, while maintaining exceptional quality and creating original content.
What we require of you:
- Experience in blog writing across a variety of niches.
- An understanding of SEO is preferable.
- Ability to write with authority about different subjects.
- Ability to incorporate clients naturally into informative, engaging articles.
- Ability to adapt tone and style to individual order requirements.
- Extensive research is not always necessary but we expect some understanding of the subject matter and target site so that content fits seamlessly on the site.
- Excellent spelling and grammar. Proofreading your work is vital.
If this opportunity sounds like one you’re interested in, please submit your CV and cover letter with examples of your writing.
If successful, we will ask you to complete a writing test of one 500-word article to ensure our process works well for not only us but for you, too.
We pay £12 per 500-words should you join our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £12.00 /hour
- Content Writing: 1 year (Required)
- fluent English (Required)
Freelance UX Copywriters at Source LF
- £200 – £400 a day
Freelance UX Copywriters
Here at Source, we are frequently working with many start-ups and online business that need a good UX Copywriters to help them in their digital and creative teams.
In most cases, you will be working closely with product managers and designers to create engaging user interface copy and documentation so that end-users can easily complete their tasks through either an app or a website. The roles involve a blend of short form writing all the way through to development of documentation to overseeing translations.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Writing engaging, helpful and user-friendly copy for UI and user documentation
- Working on guidelines to ensure tone of voice consistency across all touchpoints
- Working closely with Product Managers, Designers and Developers to enhance the understanding and usability of products
- Enhancing tools and processes so that the business can deliver high quality products effectively
I am looking to speak to copywriters with proven UX copy experience. If you are able to demonstrate this, then please do get in touch by pressing Apply.
***PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING***
Our clients typically only make use of freelancers that have comparable work experience. This means that if you have never worked as a UX writer, working closely with a designer and using language to help shape the user journey AND you don’t have a portfolio showing your body of work, your application will be unsuccessful. Secondly, due to a large number of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, successful or not.
Regulatory Writer at Skills Alliance
Skills Alliance are partnering with a very exciting Global Biotech Company who specialise in rare diseases. They need a strong Medical Writer who is able to support with drafting and editing documents used in reporting aggregate safety and efficacy information for a molecule, such as investigator’s brochures and periodic safety reports (PSURs, DSURs, etc.)
This will be a 5 day a week freelance position for 12 months initially to be based in London (remote working available due to government travel restrictions) and an excellent rate on offer.
Please let me know if this role is of your interest?
Phone: 0207 220 6232
Transcriptionist at P4P Marketing Inc
Experience an asset
- or equivalent experience
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software
- MS Excel
- MS Word
Type of Data Entry
- Transfer data between software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data
- Receive and register documents for data entry
- Enter data according to specified format
- Store, update and maintain databases
- Internet access
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Work from home
Copywriter at Virgin Media
Salary – £38k – £42k + Great Benefits
Now is a great time to join Virgin Media. We are looking for Copywriter to work as part of our Brand team to write copy for use throughout our business. You will make sure Virgin Media’s story, proposition, core services and key touchpoints are brough to life powerfully and consistently – inside and out.
Supporting the copy-focused creative director and working with a team of creatives, you will be expected to produce customer-minded brand communications that are easily understood, down to earth, and full of warmth.
As a guardian and ambassador for our powerful brand, you will also help to maintain and champion our values and purpose, and help to shape our brand experience, from concept to execution.
Governance of brand copy expression – supporting the creative director in protecting the verbal expression of the Virgin Media brand – including language and tone of voice, internally and externally.
Executing briefs for internal and external campaigns, along with events/brand activation. This includes developing concepts and copy for customer, retail and sales communications, in a range of formats.
Supporting the creative director on the naming, positioning and brand language associated with new products, services and internal initiatives.
Driving the use of our tone of voice, internally and externally – helping to create an understanding of tone of voice throughout the business, including reviewing copy developed by writers across multiple teams, divisions and agencies – including digital, social, editorial, HR, learning & development, and our partner agencies and freelance/contractors.
Being an advocate of brand values to create a superior brand experience – a key member of a team that’s living and breathing the Virgin Media brand day in, day out.
Helping the Brand team to find better processes for workflow, ideas generation and execution – and through best-in-class copy and design work, helping to raise the Brand team’s profile.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Solid copywriting experience, ideally working on brand campaigns and communications
- Excellent understanding of the brand environment – with a focus on product/service market positioning and customer comms
- Clear understanding of the power of writing to influence, persuade, apologise and more
- Able to cut through the jargon and make things simple
- Able to write with wit, flair and charm
- Excellent communication and networking skills to interact with peers and project stakeholders
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team and with a range of creative partners
- Confident presenting concepts and rationale persuasively
- Confident building a rapport with key stakeholders and nurturing good working relationships
- Organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
- A qualification in a relevant subject
- Able to manage multiple projects and switch from one to another as priorities shift
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders with sometimes conflicting opinions
- You love language and fizz away with bright ideas
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit_ you like to challenge the status quo, seeking new ways to do things better
- You’re passionate, bringing tons of energy to all you do
- You’re honest – so you’re committed to our people as well as our business
- You give a damn about the quality of your work, however big or small the task
- You’re approachable, able to have conversations that matter, when they matter
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience writing copy for a Virgin brand or consumer brand of equivalent scale and stature
- Experience in customer experience, digital experience and service design
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services – Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone – we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What’s more you’ll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
Freelance Writer/Editor/Communications Professional for Minute Taking at Minutes Solutions Inc.
$20 – $35 an hour
Does this describe you? Then this opportunity is for you!
Minutes Solutions is a rapidly growing professional minute taking and transcription company in Toronto, specializing in taking formal minutes for a variety of industries and organizations.
We are looking for minute takers who will attend board meetings in person and produce a concise set of minutes within 48 hours (following our template and guidelines).
The starting rate for new hires is $80 per meeting (in-person), which covers meeting times that last 3 hours or less.
What we are looking for:
- 1 year of minute taking, note taking, or writing experience in a professional setting
- Written and oral communication skills that are out of this world
- Familiarity and knowledge of business lingo and vocabulary
- Deadline driven, punctual, and highly organized
- Excellent eye for detail and formatting
- Available at least 3 evenings each week (Monday – Thursday)
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Word
- Laptop and ability to participate in meetings both virtually and in-person
- Condo Board experience an asset
- Great supplemental income for freelancers, employed professionals, and retirees
- Flexible schedule
- Earn bonuses
- Strong support team
- Work with a rapidly growing company
Tell us about you!
Send us your resume and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience and why you are a good fit for this position! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- writing, editing, or communications: 2 years (Required)
Copy Editor at Longplay Toronto, ON
- Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Salary: $5,000 a month
We’re looking for an expert editor with deep experience in branded content and digital marketing. You can flex as a proofreader with an eagle eye for the oxford, but can also zoom out to gauge the effectiveness of the story you’re telling. You’re fluent in the language of brevity and know how to guide a reader towards action in as few words as possible. Brand research excites you and you’re able to review all content channels to determine how language shapes the customer experience for each audience. You have a proven track record as an editor within an agency setting, and experience within each touchpoint of the writing process from storyboarding to strategy.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re looking for a seasoned editor with a growth mindset who’s constantly looking to improve and learn new things. You’ll work across our entire client portfolio and you’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety of consumer e-commerce lifestyle brands. This is your chance to move the needle and do work that matters because this role is about so much more than editing copy.
Had you been with us for the last month, you would have…
As Longplay’s copy editor you’ll spend your days reviewing email copy for punctuation, flow, and brand voice. You’ll cross-reference our body of visual templates to ensure that copy will translate perfectly into the design phase. You’ll seamlessly bounce from one brand voice to the next, and as a key stakeholder for each client’s tone, you’ll maintain our internal copy guides. As feedback comes in you’ll support writers in upholding brand standards, communicating changes, and constantly evolving our processes.
The best candidate for this job will have…
Success in this part of your role means that you take full ownership of ensuring that all copy you’ve edited meets our standards in terms of quality, brand voice, and tone. You serve as a representative of the brand internally by protecting their brand voice and values and communicating them effectively to the writing team. You understand and contribute to the creation of internal tools and standards such as QA checklists, copy guides, etc. This part of the role is about standards, execution, and independence. Eventually, you’ll successfully train new copywriters up to Longplay standards. This involves continually providing constructive feedback and monitoring growth. This part of the role is about mentorship, leadership, and execution.
- Thoroughly understand the desired outcome for each type of email you edit
- Ensuring all copy is up to Longplay and individual client standards with regard to the strategic goals and creative direction
- Zero errors (typos, grammatical errors, brand-specific errors) in copy
- Providing feedback & support to copywriters and designers
- Interacting directly with clients as necessary within the approval process
- Monitoring the growth, strengths, and weaknesses of the writing team to look for areas of improvement
- Augmenting/updating copy guidelines as necessary and communicating updates to the team
- Utilizing a QA editing process that scrutinizes the “micro” (grammar, word choice, formatting flow) as well as the “macro” (does this email have clear CTAs that demonstrate the desired intent without a single scroll?)
- The team loves working with you and you make their jobs easier
- Must have experience using google docs and digital project management tools like Asana and Slack
- Basic knowledge of email marketing and email copywriting
- Experience in a senior-level editing role
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a variety of projects while upholding deadlines
If you share our Core Values & everything above excites you, then Longplay is the perfect place for you:
WORK IS ART: Your work is a reflection of who you are and you have high standards for both. You treat your work as art which means immaculate attention to detail and delivering your best each time. How you do anything is how you do everything.
CONTINUAL GROWTH: You strive to be better today than you were yesterday. You’re always striving to grow and learn in everything you do. Your drive to grow is insatiable and you’re always asking thoughtful questions to improve. You see feedback as an opportunity to grow. The end goal is for everyone to become a better version of themselves.
ALWAYS ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT: We’re sensitive to what each one of us is carrying here at work as well as at home. And we always assume positive intent from one another and our clients. When someone misses the mark, we always ask questions before making accusations. Then we work together to build solutions.
DEFAULT TO ACTION: You take action quickly and you’re great at figuring things out. You’re able to move forward without all the answers and you bring solutions to the table instead of just problems. You’re proactive instead of reactive.
RELATIONSHIPS ARE KEY: You say what you mean and do what you say. You look for ways to make a positive impact on your fellow humans and make the world a better place. You have humility and take responsibility when you mess up. You take the time to understand what others think and how they feel. And you never forget that there are humans on the other side of your screen. We’re a team – both with our internal team and with our clients. So you set others up for success and you care about their personal wellness.
SEEK STILLNESS: You strive to be calm, peaceful, and untroubled in work and in life. You love what you do and it shows in the end result. You know that you do your best work when you’re taking time to recharge your mind, body, and spirit (whatever that looks like to you). You set and maintain healthy boundaries that preserve yourself and your wellbeing so that you have the energy to go the extra mile when it counts. When fires come up, you’re great at taking a breath and approaching the problem calmly.
BUILD SYSTEMS & SOLVE PROBLEMS. ONCE: You think strategically about how to work better, not just faster. When a problem comes up, you find the core issue and build a system to resolve it so you’re only solving problems once. You spend less time putting out fires and more time figuring out where the fires are coming from in the first place. You’re always looking for ways to make your job easier so you can spend more time on bigger, better projects.
To apply: Fill in this application form: https://forms.gle/DVH46Q6vU9gjSdiy5
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $5,000.00 /month
- Proofreading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copy Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
Copywriter, content creator
Are you a:
- lifestyle blogger looking for the next big thing?
- freelance copywriter working for advertising agencies?
- passionate communicator who is eager to have their voice heard on the global stage?
- fan of the Global Citizen magazine?
This job is made for you! Arton Group is looking for a prolific and talented communicator, storyteller and content creator to write and produce various types of online and offline content on a regular basis. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and social media management skills.
Excellent conditions, competitive pay and the chance to change the world are included.
- Build and manage a rich content calendar that attracts a qualified audience
- Create content on an ongoing basis to inform and engage
- Manage and grow subscriber base by providing regular, useful content via newsletters and targeted mailings
- Manage and grow social media engagement
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as ebooks, white papers and research documents
- Create content for landing pages and streamline call-to-actions
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation
- Conduct analytics to improve strategies/tactics.
Required qualifications include:
- A passion for communications, storytelling and publishing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt the style, tone, and voice for various types of content
- Interest in lifestyle and membership-based brands
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific for social media
- Proven experience in building audiences online and offline
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Expertise in marketing automation applications and publishing platform
- Knowledge of and interest in global affairs, politics and diplomacy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience in marketing
- Proficiency with leading social media platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Montreal. All equipment and tools necessary for the execution of the work will be provided by the firm.
Freelance Writers – Sports (multiple)
Some journalism experience is preferred.
Kindly apply with a resumé, links to writing samples and a cover note
Freelance Digital Content Writing Opportunity
Get ahead of the competition when you leave university with a fantastic digital content portfolio working with a global gaming brand. If you are looking for work experience in SEO then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.Here at LeoVegas UK, we have achieved success through the exceptional growth of a portfolio of brands developed and managed on behalf of LeoVegas Group. There are 13 brands in the current portfolio, targeting various sectors of the UK market. Some of our most notable brands include; LeoVegas UK, Pink Casino, 21.co.uk, Bet UK and Slot Boss.
We are looking for Junior Digital Content Writers who want to gain real-life work experience by assisting our growing editorial team. You’ll be intelligent, capable and creative with the drive and ambition to create excellent copy.
This opportunity will form part of the exciting changes being made to develop and grow the brands that we provide services for. It will look great on your CV and will provide you with a wealth of experience to take into your Graduate career. Who knows – it may even be with us?
WHO DO WE WANT?We’re looking for an enthusiastic digital-led content writer with excellent spelling and grammar.WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Offer remote support to our current Digital Content team by creating SEO-rich content that assists conversion
- Write 500+ words per digital content pages
- Develop conversion focused metadata to increase CTR from organic SERPs
- Follow a weekly content brief
WHAT KNOWLEDGE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Passion for content writing
- Excellent spelling and grammar. Proofreading your work is vital
- An understanding of SEO is preferable
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM US?
- You will have a contact at LeoVegas UK that will offer you support and guidance
- The opportunity to write digital lead content for one of the biggest gaming brands in Europe
- You will develop a portfolio of rich content to supplement your CV
- For each piece of content that goes live on the sites you will receive payment
- Working with one of the fastest growing companies in the North East and have the potential opportunity for a full-time Graduate role
Writing Jobs in Nigeria
Writing jobs in Nigeria: Several openings! Remote writing jobs in Nigeria are updated daily here. Apply now and make money with writing jobs in Nigeria. Freelance writing jobs can help you earn a living in Nigeria. Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria can be accessed from this link that is updates writing jobs hourly. Majority of freelance companies in Nigeria are listed in this page but you can a detailed list of freelance companies in Nigeria here. Freelance writing gigs is a trending job available in Nigeria. Freelance jobs in Nigeria can be difficult to get but when you actually get writing or freelance jobs, you will earn enough money to make a living from freelance or writing jobs in Nigeria. Having a degree is an advantage but not compulsory.
The writer will develop and create content for print, digital media, or product descriptions. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines.
Writer will communicate with leadership, clients, and potential interview sources. Must follow company editorial style guide. Excellent writing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role.
Required skills for writing jobs in Nigeria
- Adaptability: Your writing must fit the purpose of the piece or the culture of the brand. Also the tone of your writing must be appropriate.
- Strong Research Skills: You must have strong research skills because good research is key for good content writing. Research adds credibility and, most importantly, value.
- A Solid Understanding of SEO: You must understand the latest trends in search engine optimization so that your writings will appear at the top of search engine results.
- Organizational Skills: You must be able to send in your completed work on time thus you need excellent organization skills to prioritize your work to be able to meet the deadlines.
- The Ability to Get Focused: Our desired candidate is someone who can focus. Writing requires focus which can sometimes be hard to find..
- Good time management: Delivering high-quality content promptly will show that you are not only professional but also reliable. We are looking for candidates with good time management.
- Excellent Editing skills: We are looking for candidates who are patient, highly disciplined and with good eye for details. We need people who will produce well edited works.
- Ability to deliver quality works: We are looking for the candidate that will produce high quality works.
Writing jobs in Nigeria: Responsibilities
- Create new pages for specified regions with detailed, accurate, and up to date information.
- Involves in writing the text for an advertising materials such as the companies who sell products to the distributors.
- Engages in writing independently for any publishing houses or for books.
- Their job involves journal publishing, copy editing, and proofreading, indexing and even graphic designing.
- Involves in creating works on their own initiative, and keep the copyright of their works and sell the rights to the publishers.
- Enjoys a greater variety of assignments than the regular employment, and has the freedom to choose their own work schedule.
- Writing independently for the magazines, newspapers, book publishers, and non-profit organizations.
- Engages in writing for the various electronic communications on the Internet and even engages in web writing.
- Acting independently for the various printing publications and providing satisfaction to its clients, including the online courses for writing.
Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria
Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria are updated daily here. Upwork, Freelancer, Indeed, Fiverr, LinkedIn, Guru.com, Problogger, Freelance Writing, MediaBistro and Freelance writing Gigs are some of freelance writing websites that we feature their freelance writing jobs update.
With the growing necessity of small, medium, and large business to have a strong online presence, writing opportunities is a great skill sorted after by businesses and brands that want to have a great online reputation. Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria require some skills which can be learned online within two weeks of intensive training. Click here to get free online training to learn skills required for freelance writing jobs in Nigeria. In Nigeria the minimum educational qualification for most freelance writing jobs in Nigeria is secondary school education. While some freelance writing companies do not require any educational qualification. All they are interested is your writing skills which you can improve here.
Writing is a multipurpose profession thus freelancing is a lucrative way for a professional writer to earn money from home. It is difficult to find professional writers but if you have great writing skills, this is the right time to turn your skill into a steady source of revenue. Although everyone can get involve in freelance writing but it is only professional writers that can make a living from freelance writing. It does not require certification to become a professional freelance writer. All it takes is the zeal and online training. You can get free online training here. After the training which in most cases does not exceed four (4) weeks, your writing skills will be well sharpened.
After acquiring writing skills, the next question in your mind will be where or how do I get freelance writing jobs in Nigeria? This website www.readymoneyfromhome.com is the place millions of people all over the world get freelance writing jobs in Nigeria. Here is a link to other credible freelance writing websites of platforms.
Remote writing jobs in Nigeria
Remote writing jobs in Nigeria are updated daily here. Computer or smartphone with internet connection is the requirement for remote writing jobs in Nigeria.
Job available in Nigeria is not enough for the youth of this nation. The unemployment level is very high. Each year hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths graduate from the tertiary institution. The come into the labour market that is highly competitive because of limited job openings in Companies. Freelance jobs in Nigeria are the only way out. Freelance writing gigs enable you to work in any country from Nigeria. Freelance companies in Nigeria offer jobs to people irrespective of their educational qualification. The most important factor in remote writing is your writing skills. Click here for free writing skills training.
Skills needed for remote writing jobs in Nigeria
You need to maintain that ‘at work’ mentality even without having the constant reminders around you. Composing your thoughts can be difficult with the television nearby or Facebook beckoning. And without managers and colleagues around to cast a disapproving eye, starting the day an hour late or running errands instead of working can be tempting. Great telecommuters are able to stay focused on their writing in the face of distractions.
Writers, especially freelance ones, frequently juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Thus, they must be proficient time managers who can balance competing demands and deadlines.
With limited face-to-face contact, above-average communication skills become even more important. Writing may seem like a solitary activity, but outstanding outcomes often depend upon collaboration and seeking input. Reaching out to others for clarification, to ask questions or proactively raise concerns, and to give/receive feedback needs to become second nature.
Other skills include: Commitment to Quality, Business Acumen and Perseverance
Top remote writing jobs in Nigeria are listed in the sections below.
Top hiring firms for content writing jobs in Nigeria
1. Toptal Freelance
Toptal enables start-ups, businesses, and organizations to hire freelancers from a growing network of top talent in the world. Click on Toptal hire to register and get hired. It is very simple. Remember your profile must be very attractive so that you can get hired after few days of registration. You can also get tips on how to improve your profile from these links.
2. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Upwork
Upwork , formerly Elance-oDesk, is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork. It is based in Mountain View and San Francisco, California. The full name is Upwork Global Inc
Upwork is by and large the most widely recognized freelance job board. Upwork is the result of a merger between Odesk and Elance and features an extensive database of expert writers.
How It Works:
You need to create a profile in order join the pool of freelance writers. Upwork makes its money by taking a cut of 10 percent from the freelancer’s total earnings. Many writing jobs in Nigeria are seen on this platform.
3. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Guru
Guru is a freelance marketplace. It allows companies to find freelance workers for commissioned work. Founded in 1998 in Pittsburgh as eMoonlighter.com and still headquartered there.
Guru is similar to Upwork in that it is a large online job board. To date, Guru boasts more than 2 million active users from all over the world. What sets Guru apart from Upwork is that they also feature a built-in project management tool. You can create onboarding documents right on the website. You can even use Guru to manage your content marketing process by sharing documents and creating tasks.
How It Works:
Like Upwork, Guru takes a percentage of freelancer’s profits and features free job postings for businesses. The fee depends on the type of membership the freelancer chooses and can range from five to ten percent for each project. Writing jobs in Nigeria can be enhanced through the use of this platform.
4. Writing jobs in Nigeria from Craigslist
Craigslist is an American classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, for sale, items wanted, services, community service, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums. This is ideal for writers who can work remotely and come into the office a few times a week or month. It is important to note that they do not have active support team that may help out if you have payment issues.
How It Works:
Business owners create job listing on Craigslist and they do not even need to sign up for an account. They simply select their region and click on “create a posting”. They fill out the details and freelancers in their community will see their job posting and contact them immediately. Writing jobs in Nigeria can be enhanced through the use of this platform.
5.Writing jobs in Nigeria from ProBlogger Job Board
ProBlogger is a paid job board where businesses can find great writers. The quality of the writers on ProBlogger is high and freelancers typically have several years of experience creating content. The job board has a smaller reach than Upwork, but tends to have higher quality writers overall. Business owners can also use this job board to find other marketing team members including copyeditor, marketing managers, and content marketers.
How It Works:
You need to create an account and you will be walked through the process of getting your first client. They also collect some percentage of your earnings. Many writing jobs in Nigeria are seen on this platform.
6. Writing jobs in Nigeria from The Writer Finder
The Writer Finder is an agency that connects business owners with expert freelance writers. The team at The Writer Finder searches through an extensive database of vetted and experienced writers to connect you with one that suits your business needs and content topics.
How It Works:
To join this platform, you need to register. You must be a seasoned writer before you will be approved. So if you are just a beginner with low quality profile, this place is not for you. The Writer Finder is a good platform for you to get writing jobs in Nigeria.
Watch these videos if you want to improve your writing skills so that you can qualify for writing jobs in Nigeria.
Check out high paying writing jobs similar to these writing jobs in Nigeria
How to improve your writing skill
- Brush up on the basic principles of writing, grammar and spelling.
- Write like it’s your job and practice regularly.
- Read more so you develop an eye for what effective writing looks like.
- Find a partner. Ask them to read your writing and provide feedback.
- Join a workshop, meetup, or take a writing night class.
- Take the time to analyze writing you admire.
- Imitate writers you admire.
- Outline your writing.
- Edit your writing.
- Accept that first drafts are often bad and revise.
- Find an editor who demonstrates patience.
- Eliminate unnecessary words from your writing.
- Review your earlier work and see how you’ve grown.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you mean in what you write.
- Make sure you do adequate research on your topic.
- Don’t delay writing. Get it done now.
You will find this video helpful to improve your skills for writing jobs in Nigeria.
Check out high paying writing jobs similar to these writing jobs in Nigeria
To apply for this job please visit readymoneyfromhome.com.